Sunday afternoon MMA returns as Fury FC touches down in Houston, Texas for their first MMA card of the year. Fight fans will be presented with a 17-fight card, featuring several prospects right on the cusp of a call-up for either Dana White Contender Series or directly to the UFC; something the promotion has steadily increased their rate of doing in the past year. This event will take place at Imagen Venues, with the prelims being streamed exclusively on Fury FC’s Facebook Page starting at 2:30 PM EST/11:30 PM PST, with the main card streaming on UFC Fight Pass starting at 5:30 PM EST/2:30 PM PST.
Striker vs. Grappler Showdown in Main Event
Texas natives Michael Aswell and Josh Altum collide in a featherweight clash that pits power against technique. Aswell, undefeated until his last outing, and trains at 4oz. Fight Club, a gym that is known for churning out talent like Daniel Pineda and Ike Villaneuva. Can he land another statement win and earn his big-league call-up?
Altum, fighting out of Texas Striking Academy and UnderCurrent BJJ, has something to prove. A victory here could launch him into the spotlight and rewrite his narrative.
For a full main event breakdown, check out Drew Zuhosky’s rundown here.
Prelims Packed with Potential:
Before the main event fireworks, six amateur bouts ignite the night. Catch rising prospects who might soon graduate to the Fury Challenger Series. Then, witness three pro clashes packed with intrigue:
- Light Heavyweight Debutants Clash: James Ford and Matty Costello trade leather in their professional debuts. Can either land the knockout and announce their arrival in style?
- Strawweight Warriors Battle: Wendy Anundson aims to repeat her stellar pro debut against Carsyn Nash. Will her submission skills shine again?
- Bantamweight Brawl Erupts: Carlos Jimenez and Francisco Obando lock horns in a clash of wills. Who will control the cage and claim the spoils of war?
Main Card Mayhem Awaits:
The main card explodes with even more action, featuring:
- DWCS Alumnus Makes Comeback: Zack Borrego seeks redemption after a two-fight skid. Can he rediscover his winning ways and silence the doubters?
- Submission Specialist on the Hunt: Grappling ace Mansher Khera stalks another victory. Will his ground game prove too much for his opponent?
- Joshua Van’s Main Sparring Partner Takes Center Stage: Alden Coria takes on former title challenger Alberto Trujillo. Can he upset the veteran and put himself in title contention?
- Oklahoma’s Wrecking Ball Faces Texan Tenacity: Tracy Reeder battles Hector Saenz in a co-main event brimming with regional pride.
For up-to-the-minute results and updates from Fury FC 85, be sure to stay locked into MMA Sucka.
Fury FC 85 Results:
Michael Aswell vs Josh Altum
Hector Saenz vs Tracy Reeder
Justice Torres vs Joel Madak
Alden Coria vs Alberto Trujillo
Lowen Tynanes vs Michael Murphy
Jonathan Martin vs Mansher Khera
Cameron Presher vs Zack Borrego
Emerson Guerrero vs Justin Longoria
Carlos Jimenez vs Francisco Obando
Wendy Anundson vs Carsyn Nash
Matty Costello vs James Ford
Jaymez Ramon vs Sebastian Oyervidez
Daniel Perez vs Byron Wells
Juan Gutierrez vs Brandon Vu
Cameron Gutierrez vs Andrew Lauterbach
Anthony Johnson vs Adam Awda
Isaac Ray Martinez vs Chris Gonzalez